- God is big enough to handle our questions, our emotions, and our fears.
- Sometimes my fears and sadness are so heavy that I find it hard to breathe.
- There are other times when God gives me peace, and I'm learning that's in those times, I don't need to walk around with a sullen face and a sad disposition--I need to be thankful for the times of peace and joy and enjoy them as a gift.
- Isaac has kept me busy--this has provided a much needed distraction from the heaviness of this time.
- I have watched God use these circumstances to transform my dad into the most tender, patient, and humble person I know.
- I find myself constantly going back to the Psalms during my quiet times. David's emotions are a comfort to me. He writes about the sorrows, the joys, the struggles, and the victories of life in such a real way. This book constantly leads me back to the heart and love of God.
- Thanksgiving without my mom (she was still in the hospital) felt so strange.
- I'm thankful for my husband who is learning how to comfort me. Sometimes with laughter and sometimes with tenderness.
- It's hard to tell the difference between the ideas of acceptance and giving up.
- Something about putting up my Christmas tree always makes me very introspective. It's like a mixture of joy, melancholy, nostalgia, and sweetness. The emotions seem more intense this year.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Friday, August 6, 2010
Monday, June 28, 2010
- Isaac's smile is the most beautiful thing in the world to me right now. I think God is going to use my boy to bring joy to people!
- He learned to roll over yesterday and after the first time, he looked so surprised. Then I made him do it over and over until he cried and gave me the "ok...I am DONE, Mommy!" face.
- 10 hours of sleep last night :) I had to wake him up this morning!
- I am finally back into my pre-pregnancy pants!
- Isaac thinks I am funny. I'm pretty sure he's the only one in the world who would characterize me this way. He laughs at my silly faces and my singing :)
- I feel overwhelmed with joy at watching my mom with Isaac. This is a blessing that I didn't think I'd ever see. One of my major prayers throughout her sickness is that she would get to see me as a mom. God is so good!
- I love my video monitor. It is so fun to watch him in his crib--he plays and talks and waves his arms around while trying to fall asleep. We need to hang it higher though, because he scoots down and by morning, all I can see is the top of his head.
- Daniel is a great Dad. He gets the best smiles and laughs from Isaac. When Isaac wakes up, he always asks if he can get him.
- Bath time! Isaac splashes like a crazy man and is so smiley during bath time. I think this is his favorite part of the day, so I've started giving a bath every evening. He has never cried in the tub.
- Little bitty laundry--every time I fold his tiny little clothes, I thank God for his sweet gift to us. Tiny jeans have become a symbol of God's blessing in my life!
- I love how whenever I walk into a house where Ava is, she immediately says, "where's Ise?" She absolutely loves her little cousin.
- When I went to pick Isaac up from the church nursery yesterday, the ladies didn't want to give him back and they said he was the sweetest baby :)
- I love getting to be mommies together with my sister. I am so thankful we live close to each other. She is my best friend and one of the only people in the world who truly knows me. It's a little chaotic with all three kiddos, but it's so much fun!
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Saturday, March 20, 2010
The Lord is righteous in all his ways an loving toward all he has made."
(Yes, I took two in a row and then went back to the store to buy about 6 more :) ) I immediately called Rachel to tell her not to mail our adoption packet, but it was already too late. She had mailed it about an hour earlier. However, we were able to contact our agency to tell them not to cash our check and mail our packet back to us.
I am just amazed at God's timing. He waited until we had completely surrendered to his will and until we had shared our story with the world and then he opened his hand and blessed us with the most amazing gift. We are just basking in his goodness and grace!
Tuesday, we had our first prenatal visit and were able to have an ultrasound of our sweet little baby. Although we thought we were 10 weeks along, the ultrasound revealed that we are only 9 weeks. We got to see and hear the heartbeat. Let me tell you...in that moment we were changed. We are so in love with God's sweet gift! Here is our baby's first video:)
I know it's hard to tell what is what, but the head is on the right, the bottom is on the left and the flashing in the middle is the heartbeat!
Please join with us with giving God the praise for the amazing work he has done in us and continue to pray for our sweet baby's health and protection.
P.S. I know that some of you are following my blog because you are also struggling with infertility. I am praying for you daily that God would bless you with a child. I know that this news may cause pain to some, because it wasn't long ago that news of friends' pregnancies only made the sting of my own circumstance sharper. Continue to trust in the Lord and in his timing. Allow him to carry your hurts and find your comfort in his nearness. He is working a plan for your life! Please let me know if I can pray for you in any specific way!
"And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13
- ► June (8)