Saturday, March 20, 2010

We're Pregnant...

…well sort of. We have officially begun the adoption process! We are very excited about where the Lord has led us and are looking forward to what He has in store. Daniel and I always have talked about adopting at some point in our future, but we planned to have our biological children first and adopt later on, when we were more financially stable. All my life, I have known that all I wanted to be when I grew up was a mommy. I know it is my calling–It is what I was created for. Well, you can imagine the discouragement and confusion when we just couldn’t get pregnant. We have spent the last few years on an emotional roller coaster of hope and disappointment. Around December, we decided that if we weren’t pregnant by April we would begin the adoption process. Well since December we have prayed so hard about becoming parents and we have really tried to seek God’s will and open our hearts up to his plan, regardless of what that meant. Well, the Lord has opened our hearts to adoption in a way that I didn’t ever think possible. I had to go through a sort of grieving process about the things I will not get to experience in pregnancy, but in that God has given me joy in the miracles and experiences that come with adoption. It is no longer feeling like second best to me. He has brought Daniel and me so far in our faith and in our marriage through this difficult season, and we believe that he has been preparing our hearts for the child he has created just for us! We have completed our application with an agency called Heart of Adoptions and are just beginning the piles and piles of paperwork we need to complete. We are pursuing a domestic adoption of a newborn baby and are trusting God with the details. We have lots (and lots) of fundraising and planning to do, but God has given us so much hope, joy, and excitement! Please pray with us for a quick and smooth process, for our sweet baby’s health, for our baby’s birth parents, for the finances, and just for God’s leading for Daniel and me.
“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.” Romans 15:13

No comments: